Houston, TX ― On Saturday, December 9, Friends For Life Animal Shelter and Sanctuary in Houston will get tails wagging with its Home After Harvey Mega Adoption Event, where more than 100 animals displaced by the floodwaters of Hurricane Harvey will hope to find their forever homes.
The Mega Adoption Event will take place from noon until 4 p.m. at Friends For Life, 107 E. 22nd Street in Houston.
The parking lot will be filled with dogs eager to shake paws, and the shelter's Mobile Adoption Vehicle and indoor free-roam rooms will be filled with cats waiting to cuddle.
Supporting the event will be the Houston Police Officer's Union, which is sponsoring and naming a litter of puppies. All adoption fees will be waived on this special group of puppies courtesy of HPOU!
The Mega Adoption Event will also feature a prize board, hot chocolate and cookies.
This holiday season, adopt don't shop! Visit the Mega Adoption Event on Saturday, December 9, at the Friends For Life Animal Shelter, and give the gift of a forever home to a furry friend in need.
Busy on the 9th? There are other ways to help:
• Visit adoptable animals at our monthly Loyl's adoption events (www.friends4life.org/programs-and-events/events-calender-event/4458/).
• Go for a morning walk or run with some of our adoptable dogs at our monthly Running4Home in Memorial Park (www.friends4life.org/programs-and-events/events-calender-event/4459/).
• Participate in our online holiday auction beginning at noon on Thanksgiving Day (one.bidpal.net/LoveFFL) through Black Friday weekend.
• On Giving Tuesday, November 28, donate on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FriendsForLifeHouston/) to support our animals on their journey #HomeAfterHarvey. 100% of the funds raised goes directly to Friends For Life—ZERO fees.
• Visit our online store (custompromostore.com/friends4life/) or the shelter to purchase limited edition ugly sweater t-shirts and cards. All proceeds benefit Friends For Life.
• Text #FFLARMY to 243725 to donate through our Text2Give campaign.
• Visit the wish list on our website, www.friends4life.org/how-to-help/wish-list.
Executive Director Salise Shuttlesworth founded Friends For Life in 2002 to offer a No-Kill alternative to traditionally run shelters in the Houston area. Friends For Life's ongoing efforts provide adoption services, rescue and rehabilitation, and support for frustrated pet owners struggling with behavioral and other concerns.