This Super Bowl Sunday (Feb.3) delight your friends with an upgraded chili courtesy of Saltverk!
Saltverk is a flaky sea salt that is beloved for its distinct umami flavor and hand harvested from the pristine seawater of Iceland's remote Westfjords. Saltverk's Super Bowl Chili is sure to impress your guests with unique and delicious flavor courtesy of their Licorice and Arctic Thyme Salts.
SALTVERK SUPER BOWL CHILI
- 1 tsp of Saltverk Arctic Thyme
- 1 tbsp of Saltverk Licorice salt (add into chili while its cooking and also top it off upon serving!)
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 yellow onion -diced
- 1 shallot - diced
- 8 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 jalapeno - finely chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 large green bell pepper- diced
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups of Rao’s marinara sauce
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cups of lentils
- ½ cup of Pabst Blue Ribbon
- 2 tbsp of liquid aminos/soy sauce
- Scallions - for topping
1. In a large stock pot, heat the oil & butter in medium heat and sauté the garlic, onion, shallot, jalapeño, bell peppers until translucent. Add seasonings - paprika, cumin, pepper, Saltverk Arctic Thyme.
2. Add ground turkey into pot and cook until browned, stirring often to break up the meat
3. Add beans & lentils
4. Add tomato paste, large tomatoes, and marinara sauce. Tip - crush the tomatoes with your hands before added to the pot instead of slicing & dicing!
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and let simmer, uncovered. Add Saltverk Licorice Salt, 2 tbsp of liquid aminos or soy sauce, beer, and sugar. Stir and mix well to combine all the ingredients evenly with the seasonings.
6. Let your chili simmer for about 1-2 hours (depending on how hungry everyone is!)
7. Serve with your favorite chili toppings! Scallions, cheese, diced onions, sour cream, cilantro, etc - but don’t forget to top it off with Saltverk Licorice Salt upon serving!
The salt can be found in some of the most renowned kitchens in the world including Noma, Amass, Relae, and Hart Bageri, among others. Saltverk is available in 6 flavors: pure, birch smoked, seaweed, lava, licorice and arctic thyme via Saltverk and Amazon.