Data reveals the most searched for ice cream in the U.S. is chocolate-flavored
In their latest report, SuperCasinoSites analyzed Google searches for the past months and identified the most searched ice cream flavor in every state. Their findings finally settle the debate of chocolate vs. vanilla ice cream - chocolate seems to be America’s favorite, appearing as the top search term in 34 states.
Here are a few key takeaways from the report:
- Chocolate is the preferred ice cream flavor this summer in the U.S., being the most searched in 34 states
- Vanilla comes second with top searches for the classic flavor in 10 states and the District of Columbia
- Strawberry is next - it was the top search in three states over the past 30 days, followed by coconut (two states), and banana (one state)
- Ice cream cake is the most searched type of ice cream, followed by homemade ice cream and ice cream sandwich
- The most searched ice cream-related recipe is, once again, the recipe for ice cream cake. Other popular recipes are for ice cream pie and vegan ice cream
For this analysis, SuperCasinoSites obtained Google Trends data for searches done between May 19 and July 19. They only looked at localized data for the United States and refined the comparison for search terms within the Food & Beverage category.